[OE-core] opkg: Update svn 625 -> 633 and fix preinst issues

Enrico Scholz enrico.scholz at sigma-chemnitz.de
Sun Dec 18 10:37:31 UTC 2011

Richard Purdie
<richard.purdie-hQyY1W1yCW8ekmWlsbkhG0B+6BGkLq7r at public.gmane.org>
writes:

> This is likely as a result of the installorder patch :/. Sadly if we
> want the postinstalls to be installed in order we do need that patch.
>
> The question is whether circular depends are something opkg should
> support or not?

I think, circular dependencies should (and must) be supported. It is
nearly impossible to avoid them and other package managers (rpm, dpkg)
work fine with them.

Forbidding them would require a large rewrite of oe recipes; e.g. the
autogenerated perl deps cause a circle leading to

| Installing perl-module-extutils-makemaker (5.14.2-r2) to root...
| Installing perl-module-extutils-my (5.14.2-r2) to root...
| Installing perl-module-extutils-mm (5.14.2-r2) to root...
| Installing perl-module-extutils-makemaker (5.14.2-r2) to root...
| Installing perl-module-extutils-my (5.14.2-r2) to root...
| Installing perl-module-extutils-mm (5.14.2-r2) to root...

loops.

> What's debian's behaviour in that regard?

afais, dpkg supports a 'Pre-Depends' field which breaks the dependency
circles.  rpm supports more finegrained 'Requires(preinst/postinst)'
tags too.

Enrico