[OE-core] Time for kernel26 MACHINE_FEATURES to go away?

Steve Sakoman sakoman at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 05:15:45 UTC 2011

I was preparing a bsp layer today and discovered that my new machine
needed kernel26 in the MACHINE_FEATURES list or update-modules would
fail during a kernel build.

The kernel26 feature is only referenced in a few places in oe-core:

meta/conf/bitbake.conf:MACHINE_FEATURES ?= "kernel26"
meta/conf/machine/include/qemu.inc:MACHINE_FEATURES = "kernel26 apm
alsa pcmcia bluetooth irda usbgadget screen"
meta/recipes-kernel/update-modules/update-modules_1.0.bb:RDEPENDS_${PN}
= "${@base_contains("MACHINE_FEATURES", "kernel26",
"module-init-tools-depmod","modutils-depmod",d)} "

Perhaps it might be a good time to retire kernel26?

Steve