[OE-core] meta-toolchain-qte and wrong paths to QT tools

Juraj Hercek juraj.hercek at jhksoftware.com
Wed Dec 21 14:56:30 UTC 2011

Hello list,

I've two questions:

1) When I build meta-toolchain-qte (c2de8d4 metadata revision) and
install the resulting sdk, I see two directories in /usr/local/:
oecore-i686-arm and oecore-i686-i686. What is a rationale behind having
these two directories instead of one i.e.: oecore-i686-arm?

2) The oecore-i686-arm/environment-setup-armv5te-oe-linux-gnueabi script
sets paths to the QT tools which should be installed in oecore-i686-arm
directory, but they are not. These tools are installed under
oecore-i686-i686 directory. Changing the path in
environment-setup-armv5te-oe-linux-gnueabi after toolchain installation
is easy, but I do not consider it to be a correct fix (assuming that
oecore-i686-{arm,i686} directories represents proper toolchain
structure). What is a proper fix for this issue?

Thank you in advance for your response(s).

Cheers,
Juraj