[OE-core] Internal compiler error

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 18:54:26 UTC 2011

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 06:33:05PM +0000, Paul Eggleton wrote:
> Hi Nitin/Khem/all,
>
> We saw a failure on the Yocto Project autobuilder recently which appears to be
> the result of an internal compiler error [1] (note this is with the edison
> branch of Yocto, so it's somewhat older than what we have in master). Some
> searching brought up a Linaro gcc bug that looks remarkably similar [2].
>
> Do you guys know anything about this? Do we need to bring in the fix from the
> bug report above?

I've seen few ICEs with libav, libvpx and mplayer2 in meta-oe, disabling
tree-vectorize worked as work around
http://git.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded/commit/?id=11fbc9fb4efaa59aca85ba352f6ebc3412eaedd0
http://git.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded/commit/?id=c59fda28b29afcdcb245651cabbe08a76856d8ca

But I'm using more gcc-4.6 patches from meta-oe.

Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa at gmail.com