[OE-core] Bitbake error when network is unreachable

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Thu Feb 24 15:11:06 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-02-24 at 10:27 +0100, Koen Kooi wrote:
> Due to a misconfiguration in my proxy setup bitbake failed to fetch
> some things. It took me a while to figure out that the proxy setup was
> broken, because the error bitbake gave me was:
>
> 'FetchError' object has no attribute 'startswith'
>
> Is this a fetch2 integration problem?

I suspect:

http://git.pokylinux.org/cgit.cgi/poky/commit/?id=91c0b3a2e6d006224d8d2b661ca7528e9d036f1b

which would at least make the error clearer...

Yes, I know I need to get that back to bitbake upstream but note we're
talking about fixes found in the past 24 hours and I've only just seen
an all green build from the autobuilder after hearing rumours about
build failures from recent changes.

PS: Could we fix this list's addresses, it has the same problem the tsc
list had.