[OE-core] [Draft design][RFC] Running postinst at rootfs generation time

Hauser, Wolfgang (external) Wolfgang.Hauser.external at cassidian.com
Tue Jul 5 10:06:20 UTC 2011

To build a read-only image, we have to set up an extra layer where we modified all packages they cause a runtime modification.

Especially we have to cover some adduser/addgroup issues, modify the volatile file handling for our needs, and for omap3 graphics the handling of the GLES version.
A failed offline postinst causing a runtime configuration. So the image generation log has to be checked for such failing scripts.

Some of the packages (e.g. dropbear) are prepared for supporting read-only filesystems. Most packages are not.

The problem with the alphabetic order of the postinst scripts we managed by renaming some of the packages to fit the needed order. An ugly solution, but in case of missing python skills, the easiest.

Nice to see someone having the same needs we have to fit.

Regards
Wolfgang Hauser