[OE-core] eglibc issuettes continued

Phil Blundell pb at pbcl.net
Fri Jul 8 16:53:16 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-07-08 at 17:49 +0100, Richard Purdie wrote:
> I'm guessing something is going wrong with prefixes somewhere. I'm
> certainly not seeing the bulk of those locally...

I just realised that the gconv/locale ones are my fault; I had patched
do_install_locale() locally to try to fix a different problem and this
was causing that stuff to get left in ${D} rather than moved out of the
way.  Sorry about that false report.

Are you seeing the libc-extra-nss and libc-thread-db warnings?

For things like /etc/rpc, I was wondering this morning whether we should
introduce some sort of "FILES_NOT_WANTED" kind of variable which could
declare the files that are being left deliberately unshipped.  That
would avoid the need for adhoc do_install_append() { rm -rf } kind of
arrangements.

p.