[OE-core] Building hg/help2man not relying on them?

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Fri Jul 15 14:43:07 UTC 2011

On 7/15/11 9:39 AM, Joshua Lock wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-07-14 at 21:56 -0500, Mark Hatle wrote:
>> On 7/14/11 9:00 PM, Tom Rini wrote:
>>> Hey all,
>>>
>>> As I work on bringing jenkins up on my stripped down builder machines
>>> I've once again run into the "wait, I'm supposed to have installed...?"
>>> problem.  Can we switch to building help2man and mercurial rather than
>>> making the end user install them?  Perhaps some sort of test for if we
>>> find it, ASSUME_PROVIDED it, otherwise build it?
>>>

>> The full sanity list is:
>>
>> patch help2man diffstat texi2html makeinfo cvs svn bzip2 tar gzip gawk hg
>> chrpath wget cpio
>>
>> Of the above, help2man, texi2html, hg, and chrpath seem to be the ones I usually
>> have to find or build myself.
>
> Originally I built chrpath when I added relocatable.bbclass but then we
> wanted to relocate native packages and it got extremely tricky...

I wonder if we can do something like pseudo and force chrpath to be built -very-
early in the process.. and then have most things have an automatic requirement
on chrpath-native...

(pseudo of course has the advantage it's NOT used for native packages...)

Is the native chrpath usage only in do_package [or later]?  If so, we could
probably put a dependency on do_package of chrpath.. with the affect that
chrpath would have to be built first...

--Mark