[OE-core] Building hg/help2man not relying on them?

Phil Blundell philb at gnu.org
Fri Jul 15 15:18:09 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-07-15 at 08:08 -0700, Tom Rini wrote:
> IIRC, it's somewhere between really tricky and just not possible to
> nicely shove chrpath-native as a dependency into the graph.

What's the difficulty with that?  Assuming that we're talking about
changing rpaths in the sysroot, obviously it wouldn't work for anything
that gets staged before chrpath (i.e. any of its own dependencies) but
apart from that I can't think of any obvious reason why it couldn't be
done.  Luckily chrpath doesn't depend on anything very much, just the
usual autotools stack, so it doesn't seem like there are very many
recipes that would have to be chrpath-inhibited.

(Of course, chrpath itself has quite a high suckage factor and maybe we
should get/make a better tool while we're worrying about this stuff.)

p.