[OE-core] Building hg/help2man not relying on them?

Phil Blundell philb at gnu.org
Fri Jul 15 15:38:23 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-07-15 at 16:23 +0100, Richard Purdie wrote:
> If we don't have chrpath present it means we need to disable sstate for
> all its dependencies and the whole thing got really messy and nasty very
> quickly :(.

Looking at the output of bitbake -e, the only dependencies for
gettext-native are:

DEPENDS="autoconf-native automake-native libtool-native
gnu-config-native"

and, if I remember right, all of those are basically scripts rather than
compiled binaries (and hence don't have any rpaths to ch.)  So it seems
as though this would actually be a nonissue in practice.

> If attempting it again I'd probably want to remove the autotooling from
> it and turn it into a simple .c file since I'm not sure it derives much
> from the autotooling but causes immense pain. Its not exactly a large
> code base and I agree with the suckage comment.

Yeah, agreed.

p.