[OE-core] [poky] [RFC] Removing directdisk image creation

Saul Wold sgw at linux.intel.com
Tue Jul 19 21:53:41 UTC 2011

On 07/19/2011 10:38 AM, Sean_Hudson at Dell.com wrote:
> Saul,
>
>    I apologize for my ignorance, but I'm not familiar with the "directdisk" images.
>
>    What are they and what is involved with removing them?

Directdisk images are images that can be directly dd'ed to a raw
harddrive and booted from.  They are different from "live" image which
can be booted from usbstick.

currently the -directdisk images are broken in that they use a fixed
partition table in a file and you end up with bad partition sizes.

To remove them, we just delete some recipes and infrastructre for them,
look for anything ending with -directdisk in the reciple or class name.

Sau!