[OE-core] siteinfo split between powerpc-common & powerpc-linux

Kumar Gala galak at kernel.crashing.org
Thu Jul 21 12:17:22 UTC 2011

Why do we have a split between powerpc-common & powerpc-linux?

I assume powerpc-linux is used and picked up for powerpc-linux-uclibc in addition to normal powerpc-linux.

I'm looking at adding powerpc64 support and powerpc-common is all kinda of broken for it.  I'd like to just merge powerpc-common & powerpc-linux (as powerpc-linux 32-bit) for now and start a new powerpc-common that refactors 32/64 commonalities.

Unless someone says otherwise about the meaning of these files.

- k