[OE-core] siteinfo split between powerpc-common & powerpc-linux

Tom Rini tom_rini at mentor.com
Thu Jul 21 18:24:36 UTC 2011

On 07/21/2011 11:20 AM, Khem Raj wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 10:05 AM, Tom Rini <tom_rini at mentor.com> wrote:

>>> powerpc-common is shared between uclibc and eglibc at present and may
>>> be shared with other OSes that may build with OE in future.
>>> traditionally powerpc-common implicitly implied 32bit so I am not
>>> surprised if its broken for ppc64. You could add powerpc64-common
>>> and leave 32bit alone. See how its done for mips64 in oe.dev
>>>
>>> http://git.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded/tree/site
>>
>> I'd argue that what we do for mips today is also wrong and I'm going to
>> try and fix it as soon as I can.  In these cases we should have:
>> common, common-linux, common-$libc, mips-common, mips-linux,
>> mips64-linux and if needed mips64-linux-libc.
>
> yes that structure would be desirable. It would need a bit of overhaul
> and lot of testing.
> since you have something setup for your import from oe stuff for same.
> may be you can take a stab at it

Yeah, it's on my list now that the first step is really in :)  I hope to
get the obvious bits rebased and tested and posted today at least, and
then get to finishing the obvious bits and start trying the less obvious
ones.  Glad you fixed uclibc, btw, that had me scratching my head on a
few things we do today :)

--
Tom Rini
Mentor Graphics Corporation