[OE-core] [RFC 1/2] IMAGE_ROOTFS_SIZE Cleanup

Tom Rini tom_rini at mentor.com
Thu Jun 2 01:46:48 UTC 2011

On 05/26/2011 02:03 PM, Darren Hart wrote:
[snip]

> Yeah, this wasn't clear to me either. And my question in 2/2 still
> stands - what is the goal of the overhead factor?

I know I'm late to the thread, sorry, but the problem is that the 'du'
estimation we use for the common case of "image is larger than our
default" sucks pretty bad.  Without some additional fudge factors (both
the multiplier and additional room) most images won't actually end up
fitting into an ext* image and genext2fs chokes.  I know the rpmdb was
mentioned before but really it's everything.  Take any image, poke at
what du says things take and what df shows it's taking and cry :(

--
Tom Rini
Mentor Graphics Corporation