[OE-core] Layer index wiki page

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Tue Jun 7 20:26:29 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-06-07 at 14:58 -0400, Cliff Brake wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 12:12 PM, Paul Eggleton
> <paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've created a wiki page to provide a central index of all layers that can be
> > used with oe-core:
> >
> >  http://www.openembedded.org/index.php/LayerIndex
> >
> > This is by no means complete - I started with the list from Cliff's changelog
> > and added a few on from there. I was also looking around for a page with the
> > Ångström setup instructions that specifically mentions being oe-core based but
> > I couldn't find it (Koen?) I'm still thinking about how to best represent layer
> > repos that contain multiple layers too (e.g. meta-oe, meta-smartphone, etc.).
> >
> > Comments / updates / additions welcome.
>
> Looks good.  I've added meta-yocto to the weekly changelog report:
>
> http://cgit.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded-admin/commit/?id=d017dc35791f100799213cf20de58cd0423b348f

Please be careful with this one as "poky" is currently a fusion of
bitbake, oe-core and the meta-yocto pieces and those meta-yocto pieces
don't yet have their own repository. There will therefore be duplicate
commit information until meta-yocto splits into its own repository.

Yocto is working on layer tools and I've been holding doing anything
with meta-yocto until they're ready. If there is pressure to split this
out now though, we can speed up that process at some extra admin cost
for me to maintain them...