[OE-core] LOCALCOUNT increased twice when there are 2 layers with same git recipe

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 08:38:34 UTC 2011

Hi,

I was wondering why I see gobject-introspection built on every image
build and it's because LOCALCOUNT is changing all the time.

OE om-gta02 at shr ~/shr-core $ find openembedded-core/ -name gobject-introspection\*
openembedded-core/meta/recipes-gnome/gnome/gobject-introspection_git.bb
SRCREV = "efa7266bcf78478ce62e8dd778a4f0417bfd4d15"
PV = "0.10.8+git${SRCPV}"

OE om-gta02 at shr ~/shr-core $ find meta-openembedded/ -name gobject-introspection\*
meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-gnome/gnome/gobject-introspection_0.9.10.bb
meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-gnome/gnome/gobject-introspection_git.bb
SRCREV = "8d64bc23d2b837421ecf9c7b0e4b8d5d95ca0d21"
PV = "1.29.0+gitr${SRCPV}"

I had to add gobject-introspection_git.bb to meta-oe, because we're
using newer glib with gdbus-codegen included (instead separate
gdbus-binding-tool we were using before)
meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-core/glib-2.0/glib-2.0_git.bb with
SRCREV = "d97cbc6731deab137770bc0fe9c69b06f689f5b4"
PV = "2.29.3+gitr${SRCPV}"
and default gobject-introspection version is not compatible with it.

Problem is that with 2 _git recipes LOCALCOUNT is incremented twice
because there are 2 different SRCREVs found during parsing.

I wanted to use gobject-introspection_git.bbappend, but it looks like
changing PV/SRCREV from .bbappend is not supported (bitbake-layers also
reported that it cannot find right gobject-introspection version to my
bbappend. And I also cannot blacklist gobject-introspection_git.bb from
oe-core, because Angstrom blacklister uses only PN. So in the end I've
removed that recipe from my oe-core-contrib/shr branch which is used for
SHR builds..

Is there better way to resolve this? With more layers enabled this could
happen more often imho.. Maybe we could add unexpanded -PV to LOCALCOUNT
persistent db key with sideeffect of reseting LOCALCOUNT on every PV
change (upgrade to newer version).

Regards,

Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa at gmail.com