[OE-core] [CONSOLIDATED PULL 0/4] 10-June

Koen Kooi koen at dominion.thruhere.net
Fri Jun 10 16:59:07 UTC 2011

Op 10 jun 2011, om 18:33 heeft Richard Purdie het volgende geschreven:

> On Thu, 2011-06-09 at 23:26 -0700, Saul Wold wrote:
>> Kang Kai (1):
>>  ghostscript: update SRC_URI
>>
>> Nitin A Kamble (1):
>>  gcc: rebase the patch to avoid patch rejection
>
> This was a disaster. It breaks the build and is huge, thereby clogging
> up the source control system web interface etc.
>
> I applied it, then had to revert it. Please test things like this more
> carefully in future.
>
> I also think we need to put these kind of patches on the website or in a
> repo, we shouldn't be carrying them around in the main repo.

Having patches external to the layer is a recipe for failure, if you excude the pun. I've had to deal with patches disappearing/changing/etc a lot during the past months in the .dev world and I don't look forward to continuing those mistakes in the oe-core world.

regards,

Koen