[OE-core] [CONSOLIDATED PULL 4/4] multiple recipes converted to -staticdev packages

Phil Blundell pb at pbcl.net
Fri Jun 10 21:36:00 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-06-10 at 11:36 -0700, Saul Wold wrote:
> >> +FILES_eglibc-dev_append += "${bindir}/rpcgen ${base_libdir}/*.o ${datadir}/aclocal"
> >> +FILES_eglibc-staticdev_append += "${libdir}/*.a ${base_libdir}/*.a"
> >
> > You need to make sure that libc_nonshared.a goes into -dev rather than
> > -staticdev somehow.  I didn't immediately spot any mechanism which would
> > do this, though I haven't tested the package to find out what happens.
> >
> >> +FILES_uclibc-staticdev_append = "\
> >> +        ${libdir}/*_nonshared.a \
> >> +        ${libdir}/lib*.a \
> >
> > In similar vein, this doesn't look right.
> >
> I think I should be able to remove nonshared from a list.

I'm not entirely sure I understand what you said there.  Just to be
totally clear, for eglibc and glibc at least (and I imagine uclibc too),
libc_nonshared.a needs to go into the -dev package and not -staticdev.
So I don't think it should ever be appearing in a FILES...staticdev
list.

> > This one is a bit odd: it seems to just be dropping the .a files
> > altogether without introducing a -staticdev package for them.
> >
> I thought that maybe the default rule provided in bitbake.conf should
> accomplish this since it is FILES_${PN}-staticdev = "${libdir}/*.a
> ${base_libdir}/*.a"

Ah yes, right.

> >> +#FILES_${PN}-dev = " ${includedir}/a52dec/*.h ${libdir}/liba52.so ${libdir}/liba52.la "
> >> +#FILES_${PN}-staticdev = " ${libdir}/liba52.a "
> >
> > This is a bit weird.  What's going on here?
> >
> As above, trying to ensure that the default bitbake.conf rules would work.

Okay, fair enough.  But in that case please don't leave the old bits
commented out.

> > All in all I think this patch needs a bit more work.  It was quite a big
> > diff so I only skimmed it rather than reviewing it thoroughly but I
> > don't think it is quite ready to go in yet.  Also, can't a lot of this
> > be done in bitbake.conf without quite so much recipe patching?
> >
> Most of it is done there, I was looking at adding a staticdev.bbclass
> that would handle the lib${PN} case generically, as a second phase of this.

Can the RDEPENDS_${PN}-staticdev not go in bitbake.conf?  That would
avoid all these cut and paste errors that seem to be plaguing that
particular area.

p.