[OE-core] [*RFC CONSOLIDATED PULL RFC* 03/23] git: restore the dependency on perl-native

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Tue Jun 14 13:40:18 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-06-14 at 14:01 +0100, Phil Blundell wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-06-14 at 13:53 +0100, Phil Blundell wrote:
> > On Sun, 2011-06-12 at 23:54 -0700, Saul Wold wrote:
> > > -inherit autotools
> > > +inherit autotools perlnative
> >
> > This broke the tree for me.  Now I get:
> >
> > NOTE: Out of date cache found, rebuilding...
> > ERROR: Could not inherit file
> > classes/perlnative.bbclass###########################################
> > | ETA:  00:00:03
> > ERROR: Command execution failed: Exited with 1
>
> BTW, Scott, this is also a new addition to my list of unsatisfactory
> bitbake error messages.  It would be more helpful if bitbake: (a)
> printed the name of the recipe causing the problem, rather than leaving
> me to grep the tree/guess, and (b) continued rather than immediately
> bailing out.  Also, aesthetically, it'd be nice if it didn't print the
> error on top of the status bar although I guess that is a minor issue in
> the larger scheme of things.
>
> However, on the positive side, at least there is no python
> stacktrace :-)

I've fixed this.

Unintentionally, a merge was made to poky but not to OE-Core for a
series of patches. I suspect somehow I did make the merge but not the
push and then lost the changes thinking it was just testing changes when
I came back to them.

So I'm sorry about the screw up there, totally my fault and unintended
and it should be fixed now.