[OE-core] call for participation on openembedded-users mailing list

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Fri Jun 17 17:31:37 UTC 2011

On 06/17/2011 08:41 AM, Khem Raj wrote:
> On 06/17/2011 07:37 AM, Paul Eggleton wrote:
>> On Friday 17 June 2011 15:28:56 Koen Kooi wrote:
>>> So let's really close that list and discuss things on oe-devel and
>>> oe-core
>>> ml
>>
>> I'm on the oe-users mailing list and occasionally help people out, but
>> I have
>> to agree with Koen here. It hardly gets any traffic and the nature of
>> OE is that
>> every user is a developer or considers themselves so.
>>

> I am fine with closing it down and leaving sort of banner asking folks
> to join oe-devel. as long as they get some help it serves my concern

I think I am on the users list, but I filter it into my OE folder so I
can't quickly see the user verus dev split, but I also agree we should
shut down users.

We should look at all the OE/Yocto lists and make sure we consolidate
lists as things evolve to reduce the number of lists we need to monitor.

Philip