[OE-core] Minutes: OpenEmbedded eV Board meeting, 20-Jun-2011

Dirk Hohndel hohndel at infradead.org
Fri Jun 24 07:37:40 UTC 2011

On Thu, 23 Jun 2011 23:53:11 -0400, Denys Dmytriyenko <denis at denix.org> wrote:
> Minutes: OpenEmbedded eV Board meeting, 20-Jun-2011
>
> Agenda:
> 06) call for donation
> * OE needs an income stream - another call for donations in the mailing lists
> * denix to check if TI can make another donation
>   ** may be difficult, as TI and other companies are LF/Yocto members and pay
> dues
>   ** thus, latest LF donations to OE as a "feedback" channel make sense

We (or more likely, the Board) should establish clearly how this OE
income stream should work.

Do we (the OE members) WANT to have the LF provide a well defined
reasonable income stream to OE? Then RP or I can trigger that
conversation with Jim Zemlin, Exec Director of the LF.

Or do we PREFER to solicit independent donations to avoid the perception
of being dependent on LF? In that case please talk to DaveS or me about
an Intel donation to OE.

> 08) upcoming events and show box
> * agree to allow spending up to 500 eur at florian's discretion on the show
> box
> * ac adapters, multiplugs, switch, accesspoint, flyers, posters, tft + cables,
> tape, some lights
> * include some dev boards, donated by companies
> * some of the items already exist and were previously donated
> * need table cloth, which exists, but needs washing
> * ELC-E in Prague in October
> * agree to schedule the General Assembly at ELC-E (Crofton)
> * Crofton to talk to Jefro/RP about reserving a room

Are there other embeddedd events that we want a presence at?
The Yocto Project has so far tracked the LF events for obvious reasons
(and ELC / ELC-E are now LF events as well), but is there anything else
out there that would make sense to have a presence at?

/D

--
Dirk Hohndel
Intel Open Source Technology Center