[OE-core] gcc-cross-kernel problems

Phil Blundell pb at pbcl.net
Mon Jun 27 10:20:35 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-06-27 at 12:07 +0200, Koen Kooi wrote:
> In the first one only cc1 and collect are present. What would be the best way to fix this?

It seems that gcc-package-cross.inc is doing this by steam for the
regular cross compiler.  See this code from do_install():

	# Insert symlinks into libexec so when tools without a prefix are searched for, the correct ones are
	# found. These need to be relative paths so they work in different locations.
	dest=${D}${libexecdir}/gcc/${TARGET_SYS}/${BINV}/
	install -d $dest
	for t in ar as ld nm objcopy objdump ranlib strip g77 gcc cpp gfortran; do
		ln -sf ${BINRELPATH}/${TARGET_PREFIX}$t $dest$t
		ln -sf ${BINRELPATH}/${TARGET_PREFIX}$t ${dest}${TARGET_PREFIX}$t
	done

So I guess you could copy that into gcc-cross-kernel or arrange for the
two recipes to share more stuff.  Really, the only difference between
gcc-cross-kernel and regular gcc-cross should be that the former doesn't
install itself as ${TARGET_SYS}-gcc in the sysroot bindir.

p.