[OE-core] gcc-cross-kernel problems

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 21:09:14 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 1:41 PM, Phil Blundell <pb at pbcl.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-06-27 at 13:15 -0700, Khem Raj wrote:
>> you need to include gcc-package-cross.inc using
>>
>> require gcc-package-cross.inc
>>
>> in the newly added gcc-cross-kernel_csl-arm-2007q3.bb
>> and all should be set.
>
> That'll cause it to install "gcc" into the sysroot though, right?  I
> guess you could use a do_install_append to blow it away again, maybe
> that wouldn't be so awful.

hmm the purpose of gcc-cross-kernel.inc is to override do_install
thats in gcc-package-cross.inc
I was trying to avoid duplication of code but you are right if the
symlinking part is done in do_install_append() then we can avoid the
duplication and still provide special do_install for
gcc-cross-kernel. But I think now a days gcc-cross-kernel is out of fashion

So I am ok with the patch Koen proposed based on your suggestion.