[OE-core] Gstreamer packaging

Phil Blundell pb at pbcl.net
Wed Jun 29 11:08:06 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-06-29 at 11:53 +0100, Richard Purdie wrote:
> Obviously you can make the recipe depend on good+bad+ugly but its less
> than ideal for build time reasons (esp. when considering dependencies)
> but also the reason that good/bad/ugly exist in the first place which is
> licensing. If the recipe always has to depend on good+bad+ugly, it
> becomes rather tricky to disable ugly and work out whether the resulting
> configuration can build. Companies interested in license compliance do
> have a strong need to be able to do this.

Incidentally, there isn't actually (as far as I can tell) anything in
the current -ugly recipe which would indicate to an ENTERPRISE_DISTRO
that this recipe is potentially problematic.  Its LICENSE field just
reads "GPLv2+ & LGPLv2.1+ & LGPLv2+", which might or might not be
accurate, and it doesn't appear to have the self-skipping behaviour
which the corresponding recipe in oe.dev does.

p.