[OE-core] bitbake -b busted again?

Phil Blundell pb at pbcl.net
Wed Jun 29 15:07:20 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-06-29 at 16:55 +0200, Koen Kooi wrote:
> Op 29 jun 2011, om 16:54 heeft Phil Blundell het volgende geschreven:
>
> > On Wed, 2011-06-29 at 15:48 +0100, Phil Blundell wrote:
> >> Using bitbake master from today, I'm now getting this error whenever I
> >> try to do "bitbake -b anything.bb":
> >
> > Actually, it looks like I was just unlucky/unskilled in my choice of
> > recipes when I tested.  It does in fact work for at least some files;
> > there must be something about the ones I was trying to begin with that
> > is upsetting it.  I'll investigate further.
>
> Try bitbake -b /full/path/to/recipe, that seems to make things work for me.

It seems that the main problem I was having was that (coincidentally in
light of the earlier gst discussion) the recipe I was trying to build
was unluckily named and being skipped because base.bbclass thought I
wasn't licensed to use it.

The code which detects commerciality is somewhat simple-minded and just
does a straight regex search for ${PN} within ${COMMERCIAL_LICENSE}, so
if your recipe happens to be called "fmp" (for example) it will match
against ffmpeg and you will lose.

I think this has probably just started to bite me because I recently
started using default-distrovars.inc.  Possibly that was a dim plan on
my part.

p.