[OE-core] oe-core cleanup...

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Thu Mar 3 14:43:56 UTC 2011

On 3/3/11 6:10 AM, Richard Purdie wrote:
> I'd really at least like the TSC members to comment on those different
> pieces. I've already seen Chris comment that "poky-init-build-env"
> shouldn't be in the core for example. What about the rest of the scripts
> directory?

I think they should be in oe-core, and specifically labeled as self-contained
examples for oe-core itself.

There must be a simple way for people to setup the environment and run a build
so they can test the oe-core itself.  But there should be nothing in the system
that requires all of the components to exist, if there is, it should be clearly
documented that it's not an example component.  (Even putting the word "example"
in the name would be fine with me.  i.e. replacing "poky" with "example".)

--Mark