[OE-core] Gst-plugin dependencies

Koen Kooi koen at dominion.thruhere.net
Fri Mar 4 15:58:29 UTC 2011

Hi,

The current gst-plguin-<foo> in oe-core is a bit anemic and the ones in OE are really full featured. How do we want to handle this going forward? I'm a big fan of shifting the pain to buildtime so people can install any plugin they want at runtime instead of needing to rebuild it.
At TI we have cut-down versions of the recipes to save buildtime[1], but it's a pain to maintain those and keep them up to date. It would be nice to come with a way to say you want full featured gstreamer or not. With my angstrom hat on, I would like the full feature set :)

regards,

Koen

[1]  As well as dealing with the inabiltiy to build opencv with a specific CSL toolchain