[OE-core] Qemu-native requires alsa-libs-native

Yury Bushmelev jay4mail at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 10:30:57 UTC 2011

2011/3/21 Zhai, Edwin <edwin.zhai at intel.com>:
> Koen,
> We enabled alsa in configure for the feature of receiving sound from guest.
> It is assumed that audio system on host is already enabled.

I see following purposes of qemu-native:
(1) automated runtime images testing
(2) manual images testing/using

(1) should be used against small subset of compatible targets. For
oe-core this is set of qemu machines only. For automated testing
purposes qemu wav driver may be more suitable than alsa imho. As well
as vnc instead of sdl. This happens on build (testing?) host, which
may be node in large build farm. I would prefer to have minimal
dependencies on such nodes.

(2) is different. Here we need alsa and sdl. But this should happens
not on build host in ideal case. In common case user already have X11,
sdl, alsa, etc on his home workstation. So here we may use anything.

So, my idea to separate (1) and (2). we may use different recipes.
qemu-testing and qemu e.g. Then qemu-testing may have minimal set of
features suitable only for runtime testing but qemu may have full set
of features suitable for common usage.

--
Yury Bushmelev