[OE-core] [RFC] recipes-efl inside meta-oe or meta-efl next to meta-oe?

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Wed Mar 23 12:24:59 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-03-23 at 12:49 +0100, Koen Kooi wrote:
> I'd like to import the EFL recipes Martin did from meta-shr into the meta-openembedded repo. Before I go bothering Martin about it, what would be the best place to put them?
>
> Inside meta-oe:
>
> meta-openembedded/
> 	meta-oe/
> 		recipes-efl
>
> or next to it?
>
> meta-openembedded/
> 	meta-oe/
> 	meta-efl/

I think the latter might be better in this case. A lot depends on who is
going to maintain them and what the maintainer model is going to be. I
think keeping things we can logically separate from meta-oe separate is
a good thing though in general. We need people to start thinking more in
terms of layers.