[OE-core] lconfig-native is not endian safe

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Thu Mar 31 10:40:31 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-03-31 at 09:02 +0000, Hatle, Mark wrote:
> My opinion is to avoid it vs run in a qemu shell.  I really don't like
> being forced to have qemu to run a build of any type.

Agreed, I think we can avoid this.

For reference, I have half he endian problem resolved with:

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/commit/?h=rpurdie/gcc-sharedwork&id=0711c7c065c6e1caa04f452069d08a056c3caabe

which handles reading in the data from the elf files in an endian safe
way. Someone needs to go through and change the dl cache file handling
code to be endian safe though, then compare the result with a file
generated on a target device.