[OE-core] qemu segfaulting when booting ext3 image

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Tue May 3 17:32:51 UTC 2011

On 5/3/11 12:27 PM, Khem Raj wrote:
> On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 5:41 PM, Zhai, Edwin <edwin.zhai at intel.com> wrote:
>> Did you installed Nvidia proprietary driver? Any error mesg from the runqemu
>> script?
>
> yes I did and I think that could be a culprit but then why would it
> work with nfs boot.
> there is no useful message from script it just collapses

The script tries to detect the nvidia drivers.  If it finds them is supposed to
issue a warning.  Sounds like your system might not have a version that it knows
how to detect.

>> I can't figure out one case that nfs root works and ext3 image doesn't...

Good question, I don't know.  In my experience both NFS and ext3 root crashes
with the nvidia drivers.  I have a patch to the version of QEMU I use that
disables all of GL to work around the problem.

I believe it's mhatle/qemu on poky-contrib... but it hasn't been updated for a
while now.

--Mark