[OE-core] Patch for fixing build issues with external kernel modules.

Franz Leitl leitl at fim.uni-passau.de
Sun May 8 22:16:46 UTC 2011

Hi,

I've tried to get compcache kernel module building against 2.6.34 from shr-
core but found some issues with kernel.bbclass and module.bbclass.

The kernel.bbclass deletes the .c files from scripts directory which are later
needed by make prepare to recreate bound.h and other files. Compcache kernel
module, for example, depends on bounds.h.
The module.bbclass finally needs to call "make prepare" and also set
KERNEL_PATH in do_install when calling oe_runmake to get everything installed
correctly. I also added KERNELDIR as compcache's Makefile is using it and the
classes from classic OE had it also set.

Can someone please review the attached patch?

Regards,
Franz