[OE-core] Pull request with misc changes

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Wed May 11 09:17:10 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-05-10 at 22:24 +0200, Martin Jansa wrote:
> On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 08:03:57PM +0100, Richard Purdie wrote:
> > Martin/Tom: Serious question - why not use the contrib repo for this?
>
> I have nothing against contrib repo and I'm using oe-core-contrib for
> oe-core stuff, but I had gitorious repos for meta-oe before
> meta-oe-contrib was created and now I didn't feel the need to change it
> and update my modified meta-oe-create-pull-request header :) but I will
> if you or koen find it better to pull from *-contrib (I'm pushing shr
> branch there already anyways).

I have a habit of using the cgit web interface to visualise patches so
using the contrib repo does help me a little. As you say, you're using
oe-core-contrib though so thats fine :)

FWIW, I find the gitorious web interface extremely painful to the point
of being unusable to get the information I want from it. Could just be
me but I have to pull trees somewhere else to look at them I find it
that painful.