[OE-core] uclibc?

Phil Blundell pb at pbcl.net
Mon May 16 16:35:48 UTC 2011

I've just been trying to build a uclibc-based system from the current
head of oe-core but this doesn't seem to be something that works
entirely smoothly at the moment.  Does anybody have a patchset to fix
the uclibc recipes, or is anybody working on such a thing?

Issues I've encountered thus far are:

- fatal errors from insane.bbclass due to missing LIC_FILES_CHKSUM in
uclibc recipes

- a bunch of slightly-bogus-looking bits in tclibc-uclibc.inc causing
"-uclibc" to get appended to ${STAGING_DIR_HOST} (seemingly twice!),
which was apparently breaking perl-native in some slightly obscure
fashion.

- uclibc-initial looks for gcc-initial in the wrong place.  I copied the
${STAGINGCC} bits from eglibc-initial to fix this.

- uclibc-initial installs itself into the wrong place.  I copied the
setting of do_populate_sysroot[sstate-outputdirs] from eglibc to fix
this.

- uclibc compile now fails at:

| /home/pb/oe/build-meta-uclibc/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/libexec/i586-linux-uclibc.gcc-cross-intermediate/gcc/i586-linux-uclibc/4.5.1/ld: cannot find -lgcc_s
| collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

p.