[OE-core] [RFC 0/3] Move Old Recipes to meta-extras

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Wed May 18 01:19:00 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 10:23 AM, Richard Purdie
<richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-05-16 at 15:34 -0700, Khem Raj wrote:

>> > Richard is correct, there are exception for the runtime parts of GCC.
>> > Sorry Khem, I was not catching to original gist of the question.
>>
>> exceptions yes but they are not same exceptions between GPLv2 and GPLv3 gcc.
>
> Is there a problem here though? What impact are you concerned with?

Not much concern from my own POV.

But I thought we have decided to keep GPLv2 versions around. In gcc 4.3.3
even though gcc itself is under GPLv3. the runtime is still under
GPLv2+exceptions
like all prior gcc versions so parts that go on target were still gplv2

For newer versions e.g. 4.5 and 4.6 that we have recipes for the runtime is
licenced under GPLv3+ new GCC Runtime Library Exception as described

But I am fine if thats no more a concern