[OE-core] Unable to push to the repository?

Cliff Brake cliff.brake at gmail.com
Mon May 23 15:05:37 UTC 2011

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 11:02 AM, Koen Kooi <koen at dominion.thruhere.net> wrote:

> Op 23 mei 2011, om 17:01 heeft Cliff Brake het volgende geschreven:
>
>> On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 10:43 AM, Richard Purdie

>>> and its broken again once more :(
>>
>> Its fixed now.  The root cause has also been fixed, so I don't expect
>> this to be a problem in the future.
>
> Out of curiosity, what was the root cause?

Gitolite insists on creating the description file in the repo needed
for the CIA script.  In the past, this was created manually, and every
time we pushed a gitolite change, it got deleted because gitolite did
not know about it.  Now that we have told gitolite to create the
description file, everyone should be happy.  I added notes to
gitolite.conf to hopefully make this a little more obvious.

Cliff