[OE-core] RDEPENDS_${PN} and virtclass-native

Phil Blundell pb at pbcl.net
Thu May 26 10:15:42 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-05-25 at 16:08 -0700, Khem Raj wrote:
> while we are talking about fixing native.bbclass on a different
> tangent. I think overrides is another thing we need to fix
> specially libc overrides. When a recipe inherits
> native,cross, or nativesdk then we have to change
> the libc override to be always libc-glibc (unless one
> is building on a box which is running uclibc)

Just forcing "libc-glibc" on for native packages doesn't seem like the
right answer.  As well as the (perhaps unlikely) situation where the
build host is running uclibc, it might be a Darwin or Cygwin host which
doesn't use glibc at all.

I guess this is another reason why libc-* overrides should be used
sparingly :-}

p.