[OE-core] [RFC 1/2] IMAGE_ROOTFS_SIZE Cleanup

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Thu May 26 21:14:44 UTC 2011

On Thursday 26 May 2011 22:03:02 Darren Hart wrote:
> Yeah, this wasn't clear to me either. And my question in 2/2 still
> stands - what is the goal of the overhead factor?

I think the thinking was that the more software you have installed to begin
with the more user data you're likely to need to store. Personally I think it
would be simpler if we just set some additional overhead as an absolute value
rather than a factor - if it needs to be different per image type then it
easily can be.

Cheers,
Paul

--