[OE-core] [pull-oe-uboot 1/2] u-boot: remove UBOOT_MACHINE and COMPATIBLE_MACHINES

Phil Blundell pb at pbcl.net
Fri May 27 15:11:01 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-05-27 at 08:06 -0700, Darren Hart wrote:
> In fact... why are the parens used at all?

No good reason.  I would guess that we started off with something like

COMPATIBLE_MACHINE = "pdp11/(23|34)"

in a recipe, and that got somehow generalised to wrapping all the
alternatives in parens even where not required.  I imagine most/all of
those parens can just be removed.

> All this said, do you have any objection to using UBOOT_MACHINE in the
> machine.conf with the anon python check for it in the inc file? I think
> you said not, but I want to be sure.

No objection, I'm quite happy with the UBOOT_MACHINE thing here.

p.