[OE-core] Chicken toolchain progress

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Tue May 31 07:58:44 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-05-31 at 01:51 +0000, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Here at O.S. Systems we use Chicken (Scheme) a lot and we deliver it
> on our embedded OS ofthenly. Since we're moving to oe-core we're
> working at migrating it to it and we then decided to include it as a
> meta-oe layer for later proposal for merging.
>
> Currently we got most of it done but the cross compiler is failing.
>
> Our recipe can be seen at
> https://github.com/OSSystems/meta-oe/commit/3d29a0ca35e29cc9629a7628dfe19734bc28b229#diff-0
>
> It seems to build fine but sstate and sysroot lacks the binaries so we
> can't use it to build the target binaries.
>
> Any clue?

It sounds like something in your paths are messed up in chicken-cross.
What is happening during do_install? Where are the files ending up? What
paths do they have?

+EXTRA_OEMAKE += " \
+    PROGRAM_PREFIX=${TARGET_PREFIX} \
+    TARGET_PREFIX=${STAGING_DIR_TARGET} \

This looks a little odd...

My guess is that things end up in the wrong place during do_install and
the system therefore fails to pick them up. The binaries should be in
${D}${bindir} for example.