[OE-core] invalid recipe or a bug in bitbake?

Saul Wold sgw at linux.intel.com
Wed Nov 9 16:41:21 UTC 2011

On 11/09/2011 05:04 AM, Sergey 'Jin' Bostandzhyan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was trying to buld a simple native-only recipe and ran into a strange
> problem that can be triggered using theattached test recipe.
>
> The actual problem is that do_populate_sysroot fails, although I do not
> do anything in regard to that in my recipe, I only have a custom do_install.
>
> I do not see what I could be doing wrong in the recipe itself, it looks valid
> to me... but it always triggers the error where tar is getting wrong directories
> as parameters.
>
> I did look into sysroot_stage_dirs() in staging.bbclass, it's basically
> doing things like:
>      sysroot_stage_dir $from${includedir} $to${includedir}
>
> My $from and $to seem to be correct, but the appended dirs seem to be wrong.
> I did echo ${includedir} and ${includedir_native} in my do_install() in the
> recipe, and it looked OK there...

I understand you solved your problem, but I have a follow-up
question/comment for you.

Based on your solution, it would be interesting to see the output of
bitbake -e native-test both before and after your change to to adding
the "/" and also the BBCLASSEXTEND change.

I do not think that the BBCLASSEXTEND change is correct, since you do
really only want a native built not a target and native.

You should just be using ${includedir} directly in your do_install()
since the native.bbclass fixes the ${exec_prefix} which ${includedir} uses.

Give that a try and you can use bitbake -e to check the variables.

Sau!