[OE-core] Trouble by last dbus patch (46e6c3fa8034b12d178d605f3f5d7efe69671a13)?

Andreas Müller schnitzeltony at gmx.de
Wed Nov 9 20:38:57 UTC 2011

On Saturday, October 29, 2011 12:33:46 AM Andreas Müller wrote:
> On Friday, October 28, 2011 12:22:11 PM Richard Purdie wrote:
> > On Thu, 2011-10-27 at 22:30 +0200, Andreas Müller wrote:
> > > Since the last updates of all layers (angstrom based) I have issues
> > > with
> > >
> > > * networkmanager/nm-applet (meta-oe): I am not allowed to change the
> > > settings
> > >
> > >   any more
> > >
> > > * xfce-session (meta-oe): Logging out takes very long and
> > > Restart/Shutdown is
> > >
> > >   disabled
> > >
> > > I remember that I had similar issues a while ago. That could be worked
> > > around by starting some dbus stuff ( do not exactly remember what it
> > > was ).
> > >
> > > With this vague idea I checked and found in oe-core:
> > >
> > > Not understanding totally what is all about I see in /etc/passw

> > > but I don't have /var/lib/dbus on my sytem!!
> > >
> > > I did not check yet, but maybe this is an incompatibilty with angstrom
> > > custom

> > > somebody around to enlight the darkness?
> >
> > There are some issues due to the orcering of when we now start some of
> > the services. After the above change the dbus service starts much
> > earlier on first boot, before some of the other postinstalls have run.
> > This can mean you see errors due to users which have not yet been
> > created by postinstalls (e.g. avahi or xuser) yet the dbus files
> > reference these and its trying to start those services.
> >
> > We're looking at fixing the remaining adduser type postinstalls to
> > address this. I'm not sure if this is related to the problem you were
> > seeing above or not.
>
> FYI: reverting the patch fixes mentioned issues here.

Maybe I missed something but after starting a new image - to get the errors
mentioned above worked around - I still have to do manually on the machine :

chown messagebus:messagebus /var/run/dbus ${D}${localstatedir}/lib/dbus
chown root:messagebus /usr/libexec/dbus-daemon-launch-helper
chmod 4754 /usr/libexec/dbus-daemon-launch-helper

As long as this is not fixed, can we have this additionally in pkg_postinst_dbus
temporary?

Andreas