[OE-core] What is the strategy to update eglibc?

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 21:38:55 UTC 2011

On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 7:12 PM, Kang Kai <Kai.Kang at windriver.com> wrote:
> Hi Saul,
>
> I just want to update eglibc but eglibc is using its 2.14 branch and use svn
> commit revision "15225" as current version. Of course it is behind the
> latest svn revision, but I don't quit sure about which is the right revision
> to update eglibc.

since release branches of eglibc only get bug fixes in ideal case it
should be good at any revision. However if we have bug
fixes that dont affect us immediately we do not tend to update
the revision. If you find that some bug fix thats applied upstream is
needed it certainly can be a reason to bump up srcrev given we do some
level of build and runtime testing
with new revision.