[OE-core] [RFC] gcc-cross.inc: Add depedency on BUILD_ARCH

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Thu Nov 24 10:40:06 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-11-24 at 07:29 +0000, McClintock Matthew-B29882 wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 1:21 AM, Khem Raj <raj.khem at gmail.com> wrote:
> > hmmm I guess cross recipes are special they should not have been built
> > under target recipes. Adding build arch to package name would be ok
> > too but may be if they were built under directory of their own which
> > the problem i think
>
> I agree - this is the discussion I'm trying to start. ;)

I haven't had a chance to look into this in detail but the cross recipes
have been bothering me for a *long* time. I keep taking chunks of time
and dealing with issues. For example, packaging no longer happens in any
of the cross recipes, thankfully. We can share the gcc sources directory
and so on.

Those changes all open up the possibility of moving them to the native
build directory. The only missing piece left is suffixing the recipe
names with the TARGET_ARCH (like gcc-cross-canadian does, its been proof
of concept'd there).