[OE-core] Image history (testlab)

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Fri Nov 25 11:44:22 UTC 2011

Hi Koen / Beth / all,

Following on from my work extending packagehistory (which is still under
review), I'm looking at tracking history of the content of images so we can
get warnings about regressions. Thanks to Koen we've had this capability via
testlab.bbclass in OE for some time now, and from there into meta-oe, but what
I'd like to do now is bring this into OE-core and extend it so that it
supports rpm (or even better, all of the package backends we support.) This
could involve abstracting the package backend functionality out into
rootfs_*.bbclass.

It also looks like testlab.bbclass in meta-oe has some license dumping
functionality. Beth, does that mesh with what you've been working on /
preparing for Yocto 1.2?

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Paul