[OE-core] opkg-make-index cache failing

Koen Kooi koen at dominion.thruhere.net
Fri Nov 25 15:38:34 UTC 2011

Hi,

In OE-classic the opkg-make-index cache was working pretty well, do_rootfs only spent a few seconds doing opkg-make-index on incremental builds. In the OE-core world the situation is different, opkg-make-index will reindex every package on each do_rootfs run, so after a while building images starts taking *really* long, on my systemd (work/ on ssd, deploy on rotating media) it now takes ±7minutes just do refresh the opkg indices.

Since I can't blame sstate for this I suspect that pseudo gets in the way of the naive caching logic. Is there a simple way to turn off pseudo when running opkg-make-index?

regards,

Koen