[OE-core] Feedback on building openembedded-core for qemuarm. Excerpts from buildlog

Ulf Samuelsson openembedded-core at emagii.com
Tue Nov 29 21:18:35 UTC 2011

>> Seen a couple of errors as well.
>>
>> 1.    ERROR: Function 'useradd_sysroot' failed
>>           Tried to access "/etc/group" but this was locked.
>>           Problem disappeared the next time I rebuilt.
> Can you file a bug about this problem please. I think we need to go
> through the code paths in shadow and ensure its locking is sane. I took
> a quick look at the code and was left wondering what lckpwdf() does for
> example. Scott, could you take a look at this?

Bugzilla is out of service, so bugs cannot be filed.

Haven't seen the issue since then so it is hard to give any details.
I used very high BB_NUMBER_THREADS = 24.

This machine (Ubuntu 11.10 /x64) gets stuck in building C++
programs at the moment, so I am considering resinstalling with
Ubuntu 11.04 to get something done.

--
Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson