[OE-core] [oe-core 1/4] qt4-embedded: remove dependency on tslib and use std. linux input

Simon Busch morphis at gravedo.de
Wed Oct 12 18:10:25 UTC 2011

On 12.10.2011 10:02, Eric Bénard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Le 12/10/2011 09:45, Martin Jansa a écrit :
>> From: Simon Busch<morphis at gravedo.de>
>>
>> In most cases we don't need tslib in std. configuration as touchscreen
>> access in most
>> devices today is done with linux input interface. If some specific
>> machine has a need for
>> tslib support it should add the dependency in it's machine layer again
>> and modify the
>> profile script accordingly.
>>
> When using a resistive touchscreen, tslib is a common solution to handle
> calibration and raw value processing : do you think this is a good thing
> to remove this ?

Thats up to the environment you are using qt4-embedded in. In my case
the setup is a little bit more complicated. We're using tslib but not
directly in qt4-embedded (we can get rid of tslib completely but time is
missing).

I removed the dependency from qt4-embedded as qt4-embedded in oe-core
should be the general thing used in all environments and therefore
should be only a minimal setup with minimal dependencies.

If someone needs tslib for qt4-embedded for his machine layer he should
include tslib support in the machine layer itself.

regards,
Simon

--
Simon Busch - http://mm.gravedo.de/blog/