[OE-core] [oe-core 1/4] qt4-embedded: remove dependency on tslib and use std. linux input

Simon Busch morphis at gravedo.de
Wed Oct 12 19:24:43 UTC 2011

On 12.10.2011 21:09, Koen Kooi wrote:
>> What is breaking qt:e in this case? For me it's just a feature reduction
>> and not a break (as qt:e still works fine with the linux input interface).
>
> When your TS is suddenly uncalibrated and jittery, it's a breakage, not a feature reduction.

You're talking here about one case where tslib is needed to get a
working touchscreen. But there are even cases where tslib is not needed
to get a working touchscreen.

qt:e does not strongly depends on tslib, it can work without. So if you
need it you should add it to your machine layer as it is really machine
specific if you need tslib or not.

regards,
Simon

--