[OE-core] [oe-core 3/4] conf: machine: includes: add armv6-novfp support

Phil Blundell philb at gnu.org
Thu Oct 13 19:42:48 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-10-13 at 12:49 +0200, Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli wrote:
> >This patch doesn't seem to do what it says in the subject line.  It
> >doesn't add an "armv6-novfp" tune, instead it removes vfp from the
> >existing armv6 and armv6t tunes.
> yes that's what it does,but it also adds an armv6-vfp.
> The commit message is wrong, sorry.
>
> by the way is the content ok? or should I re-do the content too(if so I would
> need some indications of what the right way is)?

Well, if it were up to me, I would prefer to leave armv6 and armv6t
alone and (as the subject line implied this patch was going to) add new
tunes for the non-vfp variants of them.  Otherwise everybody who is
currently using armv6 is liable to get a nasty surprise when the meaning
suddenly changes underneath them.

p.